Horse riding & Baku city trip
€1,050 (incl. VAT) / Per Person
- Tour Duration 7 days
- Min number of people 7
- Max number of people 14
Availability during the 4 seasons (1x/month)
Horseback riding is a great experience in the Azerbaijani country! In the 18th century, the Nadir Shah’s troops travelled twice with 20,000 to 25,000 soldiers on these routes during military campaigns. Along the way you will see landscapes such as alpine meadows and on the same day you will be on the snowy peaks of the Great Caucasus Mountains.
After unforgettable impressions of the mountains, we move to the capital Baku, the largest cultural centre of the Caucasus and one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Today in Baku there are 30 museums, 7 theatres, 11 universities, a philharmonic association, an opera house, a film studio, cinemas, libraries in the most beautiful buildings of the city, whose external decoration is in no way inferior to the internal cultural content.
We know that you will remember this tour forever while combining the nature and culture of Azerbaijan!
Locations you will visit
- Chaygovshun Village
- Ismayilli Nature Reserve
- Goychay River head
- Transition of the Main Caucasian Range (from South to North)
- Valley of Blue Glacial Lakes
- Garadagh Mountain
- Valley of the Agchay River
- Khaput Village
- Agchay River
- Gudalchay River
- Khinalig Village
- Gudalchay River
- Salavat pass
- Transition of the Main Caucasus Dividing Range (from North to South)
- Mount Tufandag
- Mount Chanahyandyran
- Mychig River
- Mychig Waterfall
- Demiraparanchay River
- Gotur Mountain
- Mountain glacial Lake Gotur
- Demiranparanchay River
- Laza Village
- TWIN/DBL room in 4* hotel in Baku and comfortable guesthouse or tent during the mountain trip
- Full board during the mountain tour - breakfast in Baku
- Accompanying English speaking guide (instructor and assistant)
- Rental of equipment provided by the program
- Entrance tickets to the sites, listed in the program
- Transport (depends on the number of travellers) and driver services
- International air tickets
- Alcohol and soft drinks
- Surcharge for special requests on meals and services
- Entrance fees, transport service, permits and guide service during free time
- Rental of personal equipment (sleeping bag, water bottle, flashlight, etc.)
- Tips (always optional, always appreciated)
- Visas (if applicable) & any other administrative costs
- Surcharge for public holidays
- Fees for video and photo shooting
Your Itinerary – in Brief:
Day 1: Arrival Baku – Chaygovshun village
Day 2: Chaygovshun village – Ismayilli Nature Reserve – Valley of the Blue Glacial Lakes
Day 3: Garadagh Mountain – Valley of the Agchay River – Khaput village – Khinalig village
Day 4: Gudalchay River – Salavat Pas – Mount Gotur – Kyzyl Pydar
Day 5: Gotur – Laza village – Baku
Day 6: Baku
Day 7: Baku – Departure
Day 1Arrival Baku - Chaygovshun village
Arrival in Baku. Meeting at the airport.
• Departure to the village Chaygovshun (200 km)
• Arrival, rest and acclimatization
• Light dinner
Overnight stay in the local guesthouse.
Day 2Chaygovshun village - Ismayilli Nature Reserve - Valley of the Blue Glacial Lakes
Breakfast at the guesthouse.
• The route starts at the village of Chaygovushan on the right bank of the Goychay
River along the picturesque valley that takes us to the Ismavilli nature reserve
• On part of the road we see the confluence of 3 driving rivers in the mountains
and we cross the Goychav river
• The path leads us to an open plain between the edge of the forest and the bank
of the river
• At this altitude of 1850 m we can rest and have lunch
• Along the southern slopes of the Main Caucasian Range we continue along the
alpine meadows and go to the north side
• During the climb we get a beautiful view of the southern lowlands of Azerbaijan
and the peaks of the Lesser Caucasus
• We descend to a plateau of alpine lakes called Gay Noor (blue lakes), 7 high
altitude lakes with crystal clear glacier waters
Dinner and overnight stay in a tent near the lakes.
Day 3Garadagh Mountain - Valley of the Agchay River - Khaput village - Khinalig village
Breakfast at the tent camp.
• At dawn we start our tour and climb 3 km along the southern slope of Mount
Garadag (3649 m) and you will be amazed by the beautiful landscape
• After the summit of Garadagh, the path gradually descends, heading northwest
through the alpine meadows to the valley of the Agchay (White River)
• After a descent to a height of 2006 m we arrive at the bank of the Agchay river
and you see the summer pastures of the shepherds
• Here we make a stop for lunch and rest
• After lunch we head towards the village of Khaput where we climb the pass that
leads to the valley of the Gudyalchay river
• At 3 km from the village we climb a pass with an altitude of 2590 m and you can
clearly see the village of Khinalig
• After a descent to the northwest we find ourselves on the banks of the river
Gudyalchay and cross the river after which we reach the village of Khinalig
Dinner and overnight stay with the hospitable villagers.
Info: Overnight stay at an altitude of 2100 m. The locals call themselves Ket, and the language is Kets. During the excavations artefacts were found that date from the 1st millennium BC. Around Khinalig there are many old cemeteries.
Day 4Gudalchay River - Salavat Pas - Mount Gotur - Kyzyl Pydar
Breakfast with the villagers.
• Our tour starts at the old mill on the banks of the Gudyalchay river (the springs,
which start with 4 different tributaries flowing out of the gorges, forming a single
• After 3 km on the left bank we approach the shepherds’ summer pastures
(letovka – summering) after which we approach a waterfall (10-12 m)
• The gorge narrows to form a narrow canyon so that the path rises up the hill
• At the confluence of the Mukuzchay River with the Gudyalchay River, the path
leads to the right bank which can be crossed on foot or on horseback
• Then we go south, in the direction of the Salavat Pass to the upper reaches of the
Gudyalchay River and we come to a place where there are several caves
• Here we take a break for lunch
• After the caves, after 3 km, the path ascends to the Salavat Pass, which is located
on the dividing line of the main Caucasus
• We continue along the main ridge in a northwesterly direction to the top of
Chanakhyandyran – 3272 m and cross the pass
• We continue the path along the wide ridge and climb Mount Gotur (3226 m).
After 2 km we will reach Kyzyl Pydar (translated: Golden Lawn) at an altitude of
2900 m where we will camp
Dinner and overnight stay in a tent.
Day 5Gotur - Laza village - Baku
Breakfast at the tent camp.
• After 3 km from the summit of Gotur (2800 m), we reach a large mountain lake
Gotur with crystal clear water
• Further along the trail, after 4 km (1600 m), we leave the route to the waterfall of
the Mychig river (40-50 m) and continue through the winding paths to the village
• On the way to the village we see the second waterfall (10 m)
• Lunch in the village of Laza
• Return to Baku
Overnight stay at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Timetable: City tour Baku:
• Old town: Icheri Sheher (Maiden Tower IX-XIII, Shirvanshahs’ Palace ХV)
• The Museum of Miniatures Books
• Azerbaijan National Carpet Museum
• Little Venice and the Boulevard
• Heydar Aliyev Center
• Highland park
• Nizami Street (“Torgovaya”), the central pedestrian and shopping street
Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7Baku - Departure
Breakfast at the hotel. Free time.
Departure. The local partner will take you to the airport.